Interactive Lobby Screen
Intel RNB Lobby
Following the success of Wonderwall and Wondercube at Mobile World Congress 2017 and 2018, we were commisioned to create a permanent ‘pin wall’ installation for Intel’s headquarters in Santa Clara, alongside 2LK and Moving Brands.
A real-time interactive piece lined one wall of the lobby, reacting with one of six bespoke modes as people walked past. A second custom solution was created for the ‘Skylight’ – a hemicube screen sat above the seating area – where special cube-mapped videos of the pin wall were created to match the live content.
Shortly after the inital install, Intel asked us to create a temporary Pride theme to match their events which ran for a couple of weeks.
- Up to 111,720 visible pins
- Real-time per-pixel shadowing and lighting with ambient occlusion, reflections, fogging and depth-of-field effects
- Over 2000 lines of uncompiled shader code per ray-traced pixel
- Targeting 60 frames per second
- Featuring real-time reactive fluid simulation and composition of video, text and images into pins
- Reading a live stitched RealSense feed over NDI
- Custom cube-map video writing system for the Skylight (which currently only plays video)
- Written using our custom low-level C++ interactive software engine