F8 Developers Conference
Under the creative direction of Make Associates RenderHeads were commissioned to develop a custom app to run over five real-time interactive totems that made up F8’s central installation during the 2019 conference in San Jose.
Each of Facebook’s five main brands were to be represented by interactive modes. Our extensive experience with large scale custom interactive installations allowed us to provide all software development, as well as technical production through to on-site delivery.
Facebook’s F8 annual developer conference is a multi-day event for developers and entrepreneurs. An opportunity to learn about the latest innovations from Oculus, Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp and, of course, Facebook itself.
- Targeting 60 frames per second
- Powered by 5 x NVIDIA 2080Ti GPU
- 5 x 12 core Intel i9 CPU
- 5 x Intel NUC i5
- Combining input from 5 x Intel RealSense D415 cameras
- RenderNode © depth tracking
- Featuring real-time composition of video, text and images
- Written using Unity and custom low-level C++ 3D graphics engine
- AVPro Video ©