The DP World Flow Pavilion
Incorporating four floors of dramatic installations, the DPW Flow Pavilion was an integral part of the Expo 2020 experience held in Dubai, UAE.
RenderHeads, led by the creative direction of The Open Lab, developed and delivered multiple large format experiences that define the DP World brand.
At the heart of the pavillion is the Flow Gallery, including seating for several hundred visitors, 20 metre high waterfall, and a massive 3 storey high screen which was used for looping content and bespoke presentations through the Expo. The waterfall is a central feature and included choreographed sequences to match specific content.
The Mobility Gallery housed a custom curved wide screen, which was networked with a seamless touch table consisting of 12 55″ screens for a true multi-user/multi-viewer experience. Custom netcode was created to ensure video playback is synced across the wall and table screens.
- Over 1.4 million total visitors at the pavilion, averaging 7,650 per day
- More than 20,000 school visits
- All apps running at 50/60 fps, depending on hardware configurations
- Many large format, full screen videos playing simultaneously
- 15 deployed applications
- 11 developers and 3 project managers across both RenderHeads teams
- Creative Agency – The Open Lab
- Software Development – RenderHeads
- Artwork – The Open Lab
- Technical Direction – RenderHeads