Giant Video Wall
Museum of Science & Industry
A history of innovation
Manchester’s Museum of Science and Industry combines
a unique historical site, with a vibrant catalogue if contemporary science. It draws visitors from around the world, showcasing the best current research while promoting the region’s rich heritage of innovation.
We worked with Kin to write the software that drives their new video wall installation. We were involved in the software development of the wall itself, alongside multiple back end processes, and hardware specifications.
- Built from 52 LCD monitors, this was one of the largest permanent video walls in the UK
- The video wall software runs at a resolution of 7680×1080
- Custom video ingestion, processing and playback system handles high resolution content
- The video wall uses our playlisting system to cycle through various videos and announcements
- The backend includes a system for staff to customise video wall content